4K views
3.5
Style and Design

For months now WOW has been reducing its exposure on TV. First they cut their Wednesday show.

Then they reduced the Saturday/Sunday shows to 2 hours from 3 hours. The Sunday show was just a recording of the Saturday show. Then there's the website which has been rife with issues, stress free payments not working and promised internet shows just never appeared. I also noticed that some brands of watches just disappeared overnight without explanation.

They purported to be the largest seller of Invicta watches in America but had the restriction of not being able to offer stress free payments due to Invictas deal with Evine Live, so they hardy ever had a TV show that included them.

Its a pity because now Evine Live has no competition, which may mean you will see prices rise ? Im sure they will pop up again in another incarnation, just give it time.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Mixed.

I didn't like: Website, Customer service.

Comments

The company was good right up to 2012 when it was taken over by Clear Lake Capitol. Replacing the owners with "corporate heads" who didn't seem to know the first thing about watches, sales started to slide.

They also hired a pile of 6-figure salary people while initiating layoffs of little people. No "Mother's Day, Father's Day, Graduation Day, 4th of July" Christmas rush" sales, just business as usual. No one actually tried pulling out of the nose dive this 747 was on. Rather than level out and try to come to a controlled crash (Chapter 11), they simply plowed the nose into the ground.

We were all told on Monday Jan 23 at 10:30 AM that we were all being laid off and that the bank had seized all assets.

Nothing us workers did wrong. The corporation decided that this will be sucked dry and discarded. 130 employees' lives disrupted, customers ticked off, and nothing we could do about it.

Yeah, I'm upset about it, too. We lost a ton of loyal customers that day.

Not even a chance to tell them what happened. Now you know.

to Former Worker Edgecomb, Maine, United States #1308252

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it sucks to be in your position, I've been there myself. Im surprised they are still charging credit cards for stress free payments.

My account was charged again a few days ago. Not sure thats legal for a bankrupt company.

It's a pity as they got the prices right but the two clowns they had selling the watches had no clue and painful to watch, spending most of their time flirting with each other.

I have a feeling Evine Live is going the same way as i hear watch sales have dropped 15% or more in the last year. I wish you luck in your hunt for a new position.

to sfxphil #1308433

Thanks for the reply. As to the recurring charge, I asked someone about that. The money owed is actually valid, the debt has been "purchased" by the bank that took everything over, so essentially, you're paying that bank instead of WoW.

Worcester, Massachusetts, United States #1283685

I sent in my Movado watch for repairs and they charged me but my watch hasn't come back. How do I get my watch back?

to Anonymous Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1289227

call the ag office of florida

New York, New York, United States #1280148

I sent in a watch for warranty work on 5 January. $10 for shipping then $44 for out of warranty repairs.

They charged my card on 23 January for the repairs (I gave the info over the phone on the 19th). Bottom line is my watch and money gone.

NOT HAPPY!

Update. It looks like their web side is back up, still in disarray but back up again. Be careful when ordering as it seems they are on shaky ground.

to sfxphil #1308248

The website is currently just a placeholder. You won't be able to buy anything on it.

It was purchased recently by a former competitor. Eventually, he'll make the site go dark.

to Former Worker #1395365

Jomashop owns them now

New York, New York, United States #1277746

World of Watches fired all oh their employees last Monday. Website is down and my order had been cancelled.

Roanoke, Virginia, United States #1277688

Oh my gosh!! I had placed an order on Amazon a few days ago with the third party seller "World Of Watches".

My order was of 2 Invicta automatic watches "canceled" yesterday without explaination? Those 2 watches after cancelation were not at all available to reorder from them...disappeared!! Tried contacting the WOW seller on Amazon to inquire last night as to what's up. Got an automated email from Amazon this morning saying that my email to WOW could not get through and was not received!!

Try everywhere for links to WOW on the internet....nothing!!!...Says things like this site doesn't exist!!! Even Twitter shows there's nothing of WOW on the Twitter site anymore!! ..Crazy!!! ..What could have happened!!??

...No warning at all?? WOW now completely out of business!!? ...Well as for all the negative reviews I've been reading about them I must say that we're far better if they're shut then. Don't really miss a Bad Business shutting down..But such a pitty that their low priced merchadise and rare finds are no longer there for us!!

And what a loss that my order of those 2 Invicta watches are not availble anywhere else on the internet for the low price I paid of $89.99 + free shipping...they are elsewhere I saw on ebay, but very high in price!! ..Well there's a reason for all this I guess?? So glad I found your blog here, and thanks so much for the info!!

..WOW out of business!!!??? ...Wow indeed!!!

to Geoffrey Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #1280728

WOW had been in business since the 80s making brands such as Lucin Picard, Swiss Watch International, Swiss Legend, Legend etc. Its a shame i had purchased many watches from them. Didnt know they were struggling financially.

Elkridge, Maryland, United States #1277681

I liked them. They had good prices and a free return policy where they paid shipping.

I liked their customer service a lot better than Joma I can say that for sure. I hope they do come back.